Monday 23 March 2020

Well Liz and myself have been home just over a week now; as we qualify as vulnerable, we have placed ourselves into voluntary isolation for the time being. The idea as most will agree at first seemed to be rather scarey, but then we thought a little.
Why not be positive about all of this, how can this be useful or a good experience? Maybe crazy thinking, but why not?
So first we have developed a daily routine,  a weekly routine and an attitude as to positive use of time. Maybe being an artist is good, I am fortunate there. As I have that, I will use it. So  a work discipline covering two existing projects and a project to be started when there is time was implemented. Daily slots built in are roughly in order; quiet time, breakfast, e-mails, exerciser, house work, project work, lunch, relax, project work, exercise, tea, joint quiet time, and normal relaxation in the evening.
Disciplines like getting dressed properly, shaving  and looking good are essential to good mental well being. Liz's work involves contacting people and church pastoral work, so she is very busy; maybe in a day or two the phone will be worn out!
I will talk about my projects in a day or two.
Tell me your thoughts.
Today picture is a quiet back lane in the old city of Joppa, I was rained off half way through doing this sketch, so then had to finish it from memory, in a coffee house; nice coffee.
See you all soon, Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment