Friday 1 March 2024

 


Well Liz and myself have just returned from another brief stay in Sidmouth. The weather was rather mixed, as a result a lot of the time was spent reading and painting in the hotel; however we needed to relax, so that was not a bad thing. Each day we did brave the elements and go out; one of those days was to Lyme Regis. As you can see from the sky it was a lovely day, the sun shone brilliantly. the down side was the wind, it blew furiously. I tried to paint but my drawing board was like the sail on a yacht, it was impossible; the solution was to retreat to a pub, have a coffee and do my drawing over the afore mentioned coffee in about ten minuets. Not a great piece of art, but it caught the atmosphere, was good fun and the landlord loved me painting in his hostelry.
Working artists are usually treated with great respect and warmly welcomed, so have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment