Thursday 16 July 2020

Good morning everybody and another super day is ahead of us. Great celebrations today as Liz has a hairdressers appointment! This is a much awaited event in our household and Liz is very excited; very excited indeed!

As for myself, I am meeting,  on opposite ends of a park bench, an artist chum for coffee that will be a good natter.

Imagery wise at the present my principal labors are directed towards an ink of an old beech tree. With all the undergrowth and overgrowth it is about the most complex piece which I have worked on so far and to be honest I am struggling. Three weeks into the work and it is just beginning to make sense in parts of the drawing. So lots of effort and learning going on and ahead of me; I must just stay at it; if I pull it off, it will be an amazing piece.



On a lighter note, a part of the last two days was gain spent in my memory, at Hugh Town's harbor on St. Mary's, one of the Scilly Island group. Maybe this group of islands must be about the most enjoyable place which I have visited so far. The people were friendly, the islands lovely, the weather mild to warm and the light had a super whiteness to it; perfect for painting. The colours just sang all day long. Nice memories.

See you all soon.  Duncan.






No comments:

Post a Comment