Saturday 11 July 2020

I am indeed such a fortunate man, having many friends who love me dearly. On top of that are three sons with whom I also have wonderful relationships. Among other roles, my boys feel the need to keep me on the straight and narrow, occasionally with advice, sometimes headed, by me, sometimes not. 

Well the other day I showed you my latest sculpture, entitled Nomophobic. I sinned. Completely forgetting  to tell you all, that the inspiration for the title originated from my youngest son; who told me of the words existence and explained the meaning thereof. Thank you Michael, am I forgiven?

Like I say I am a fortunate man, because yesterday for the second time in a few days I saw a stag beetle, it was on Hook Heath golf coarse. Walking every day we see nature all around us, this morning we saw a "Speckled Wood" butterfly, yesterday a "Small blue" butterfly. Its good fun when we get home to look up to identify what we have seen.


My ink work continues, above is my latest, number 465, which was finished after nearly three weeks work last night. It is one of a series showing deep undergrowth with many layers of foliage. Drawing subjects of this sort are immensely complex and difficult to produce, each one being fraught with various problems of ink use and layering of levels of work, one above the other. They are good learning exercises. To the right of this image is a beech tree, to the left a willow, with everything possible between, behind and in front, a little complex. When looking at situations in the wild like the above, I am amazed by just what is around us and what we are a part of and what we are allowed to enjoy. Life is tough, but it is also certainly most fantastic and we are privileged to be a part of it all. I must say, thank God.

See you soon. Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment