Friday 15 January 2021

 I always love it when friends ask for a picture of a place or subject which they love. So Vivian as you love waterfalls, this is for you.




The location is Grindleford Beck in the Peak District, just below Fox House, near to Sheffield;  this place has very special memories for me.
She was in her early teens, she is very special and is also one of my Goddaughters; she  wanted some fun, so with her mother along as well, (I hasten to add that she stayed on the banks) plus a another teenage friend we went to the top of the beck (stream) and descended down through twenty or thirty small waterfalls, I hasten to add, mid stream. We traveled about three quarters of a mile this way, got absolutely soaked and filthy, until we descended as far as the Grindleford Cafe, which is by the railway station, we then climbed our of the beck and had bacon butties. We laughed and laughed. Now that was good fun.

See you soon. Duncan


No comments:

Post a Comment