Tuesday 21 March 2023


The picture which is shared with you this morning is one of my all time special memories! About twelve years ago forty of us from St. Mary of Bethany's church went on holiday together. We stayed in a chateau  in Normandy, near to Contance. For a wonderful week we were all members of the artistocracy; or pretended to be as such. Apart from one day the weather was glorious; every body behaved reasonably well, the grounds ranged from a palatial lawn at the front, to rustic peasant farm steads out of sight towards the rear. Every other year we still go on holiday together.

The above image was so special because I wandered into the rustic area and just relaxed by this ancient barn; it was peacefull, quiet and so relaxing.

This morning I am thinking of art in a wider sence. artistic endevours are not just about painting, rather they are about the whole way life is approached; music, words or maybe even dance; the latter is certainly not my style. However words facinate me and I must own up and admit that I have pretensions to being a poet. So on April the 1st. and it is not an April fools scan as it is after 12 noon, I am reading some of my poetry in the "Out of Hours" club in Andy's coffee bar in the evening. This is my first coming out as a poet, so lets see what happens.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment