Friday 17 January 2020


An extra blog following an extraordinary evening at Guildford cathedral. They put on a light show to celebrate Epiphany, which is when the three wise men arrived at the nativity. The moral of the story is keep a camera near at hand.

I took just over a hundred shots and selected 16 with which I tried to show the diversity of the colour  used in light show. Technically a little tricky, this is how.

No tripod, so my walking stick was stuck in my trouser waist belt and the camera rested on the handle.
Rather dark, so I needed a fast ISO setting (light sensitivity on the sensor), 3500 was chosen.
The shots needed to be warm so  Kelvin (colour temperature) number of 5600 was used.
Depth of focus wasn't a problem and a fast shutter speed was wanted so f3.5 was fine.
That mixture gave me a shutter speed of around half a second, so breathing gently and squeezing the shutter gently were also needed.
When we got home, half an hour on photoshop. and above is the result.
A super evening.

Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment