Monday 27 January 2020


An interesting week lies behind me. For several months it has not been possible for me sketch in the capitol; however with our impending trip to Israel it is necessary for me to bring my street sketching up to scratch. So on Thursday off I went into London to do a bit of street work, the result was a very pleasant day. Whilst drawing the above street scene near Covent Garden two Hungarian art students came over to me and chatted a while, then, when on a bus, a Brazilian sat next to me, shortly afterwards I met a family on Waterloo bridge who hailed from Argentinean. To cap it all a lady from Newcastle sat next to me on the train home, we chatted a while, so a very pleasant international day, the sketching was OK as well.

The weekend has just been spent in Sheffield among old and dear friends. We saw the famous St. Tims community panto and it was all very silly, funny and time well spent; well done St. Tims.

But down to earth, life can be tough. We have been in contact with a lovely young couple over the last few days. They are homeless! The situation is being resolved; we are so fortunate

No comments:

Post a Comment